Felt Flower Tute

I wanted to share a little hobby of mine. Once upon a time, there was a land before Pinterest and this gal had absolutely no clue how to do anything crafty. 

Then I started to see all of the cute and thoughtful things people out in the world were making and wanted to give it a try. First, I started making cards and I still really enjoy it. I love having handmade cards for occasions on hand whenever I need them. I'll share those on another post, how bout? 

Today I wanted to show you my felt flowers. I really enjoy making them for wreaths and have also started adding them to initials, frames and chalkboards. 

So, want me to show ya how to make this cute little guy ?



Here's what you need: 



  1. 6 rounds felt circles (I used a jar lid that was 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Any size will work)
  2. Scissors
  3. One addition felt flower, cut into a rough circle the same (ish) size as the other
  4. Hot Glue Gun
Where to get the felt?

My favorite and go to place is Sweet Emma Jean on Etsy. It's awesome quality, inexpensive and she has every color you can imagine. Shipping is always fast too! 

Ok so the first step is the fold the circle in half
Next, fold it again and glue on one side. 



Do this for all size circles




Then take your extra circle and put a circle of hot glue in the center.
Try not to get the glue close to the outside edges. Just gluing in the center will allow you to fluff the petals at the end. 


Put four circles together, with the corners all connecting in the middle.



Now fluff the sides up a little so they are not smooshed.

Next, glue one  side of one of the remaining circles and place in the middle of the flower.
On the last flower, try to just put glue on the tip. Fluff up all the sides so they “mesh”


And Viola!
 Here are some other "Fallish" flowers I have made. 


  



Here's what the flowers look like on a wreath. (styrofoam form wrapped in strips of burlap)

And here is another version of the same flower, except that I used a button in the center instead of adding the 2 circles! (pictured with a bunch of their color-coordinating buddies) 



sig