A pumpkin patch and a bake-a-thon

This weekend went by in a blur, but as I sit here in the silence of of the house, I can't help but think about how fun it all was.

I am so content, I wish this feeling could last forever, but I know it what will seem like just a few hours, it will be morning and my family will be running around like crazy people getting ready for work and school.

Big R was home because of the rain on Saturday, so we went to a pumpkin patch for the morning and had so much fun!  They had a petting zoo, obstacle courses, a play and you could buy hot dogs on sticks to roast over fires for lunch. The kids were having so much fun they didn't have time to misbehave ;)

When we got home, I started making dinner for a friend of mine who is 32 weeks pregnant and is on bedrest until the baby comes. I made baked zitti, green bean casserole and peach cobbler to bring her family. 

Peach cobber the easy way: 2 cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup and a yellow cake mix. Pour the mix over the peaches and pat down firmly. Bake a 350 for 45 minutes, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with ice cream.

They have a 4 and 2 year old, so I was hoping to help out any way I could and who doesn't love dinner delivered! We stayed over there and had dinner while the kids all played. It was so nice! 

Today I brought leftovers to the bean field for Big R and his dad and R1 stayed with them to ride in the combine and R2 and I went home. While she napped, I made a couple of felt flowers, cleaned the house, basked in the glory of the fact that I was having such a stressless afternoon! 

This afternoon, the kids and I headed over to my friend Tisha's house. We had decided to get together and bake and we had so much fun! The kids played while we cooked up a storm. 



 I made dark chocolate raspberry bread 
Be still my heart

I also made these sweet little things :) 
I plan on saving these treats to serve at book club tomorrow night, which I am hosting. I hope they last long enough to make an appearance! 

Tisha made this masterpiece: 

Tisha also introduced me to this little friend in a bottle: Angry Orchand Hard Cider. YUM.
 It was so good to hang out with her. We are planning a Christmas craftathon for November. 


Our pumpkin patch visit: