My Thanksgiving Must Haves

Happy Almost Turkey Day, ya'll! I wanted to share with you some of the things that make my heart go pitter patter when it's turkey day. Or, as R1 calls it, "The Feast". He seriously asked me yesterday which of his grandmas were coming to "the feast." That's a good way to put it though when you think about it.

So, if you were to invite me to your Thanksgiving Feast and asked me to bring my favorites, here is what I would bring: 

Sweet Potato Bake

And yes it's a Paula Deen recipe, so you know what the means.

It's a smooth, VERY rich sweet potato puree with a crunchy, candied pecan crumble topping. I KNOW. 
It's gotta be good. 



This pie became near and dear to my heart last year when I made it for the first time. Not just made this recipe for the first time, but the first pecan pie AND the first Thanksgiving dinner I had ever made. Last year we had plans to go to my sister's in KC for the day but that week every.single. one of us got sick. Both kids were sick with respiratory problems and fevers and Big R and I both got strep throat. I knew we weren't going anywhere so I set out to make my first Thanksgiving dinner. I made a traditional feast and finished it off with this recipe and it was a huge hit! I was kinda proud of myself, coming the Thanksgiving rescue, sick and all! 

And here's a not so traditional recipe that was a staple at my grandma's house while I was growing up. It's a totally random thing but I still love it to this day and even included it in my feast last year.

I present to you: Cheez Whiz and Celery. 


Try it and then come back and tell me how much you love me for showing you.
Unless you've already tried it and loved it, because then we can be best friends.

And since we are on the topic of crazy good EASY food in a container, here's my last but not least favorite food I will eat tomorrow:
Put this on a hot homemade roll and call me later when I wake up from my food coma. Why do I love this over a homemade version? I have no idea. I don't ask questions, I just eat it. 


What are your Turkey Day must haves?!

Oh, and one more thing! Go check out the ever so clever Thankful Series Mallory at From California to Kansas, Colby, Amanda and I are hosting this week! You can read about our family traditions, what we are thankful for and our favorite Thanksgiving recipes PLUS it's a link up! So share with us!

From California To Kansas