Isn't It Ironic?

Isn't it ironic? 

Try and tell me you're not thinking of the Alanis song, I dare ya. 



I just had this thought while I was cleaning today. 



Isn't it ironic that the room I keep the vacuum in is the one that needs vacuumed the most? 

Isn't it ironic that on my day off this week one kid is home with a fever and it snows 4 inches so the other one is home too? 

Isn't it ironic that I couldn't wait to grow up and get out and now I search for songs from 2002 and yearn to be back there again?


Isn't ironic that questions I thought were answered are still around, bigger than ever?

Isn't it ironic that I used to think those 30 before 30 lists were so ingenious  but now with only 3 years left, I don't want to read them because I'm afraid I won't have enough time?

Isn't it ironic that reading beautiful romantic novels just makes you sad? 

Isn't it ironic to have extra money to buy a fancy purse and then feel a little foolish carrying it around?

Isn't it ironic when you have a newborn and you yearn for them to grow just a little so you can have time to shower, and then the next day, it seems, you wake up and they're little adults running around and all you want to do is hold a baby again? 

Isn't it ironic to finally have the time to sit and write but then not be able to find anything to write about?

Isn't it ironic that I love being cold inside the house, but once it snows, I don't want to go outside? 

Isn't it ironic to feel so brave on the inside but really, you're kind of a coward?


Well said, Alanis, well said.