It's my birthday!
So, what better day than today to look back on the handy dandy lessons I've learned over the years?
Earlier last week, I had a pity party about turning 27, which ended in a few tears and a resolution to set some new goals for myself in the coming years. But that's another post.
For now, I'm celebrating with this list of 27 tid bits that I've collected. Some you may find useful, some random. But all, I assure you, have played a role in getting me to this non-milestone milestone: 27!
- Don't fry bacon in the nude. (my uncle really did leave that in my gradation party guest book.) It's actually quite sound advice if you think about it.
- Hair grows back.
- You don't have to fight for the people who truly matter to stay in your picture.
- You really do need to take your pill at the same time every day, and regularly, too.
- Listen to your body. If it's acting weird, it's probably trying to tell you something funky is happening.
- It's okay to judge a book by its cover as long as you at least read the first paragraph on the inside flap.
- Make copies of photos before you cut them all up for random collages.
- Never spray paint your best tennis shoes just for one day of homecoming festivities. I still miss those damn Adidas Superstars.
9.Think before you speak.
10.Say what you mean, but don't say it mean.
11. Don't yell so much
12. Playing toys with my kids IS more satisfying than a clean house.
13. Chocolate chip cookies are only okay for breakfast maybe once a week, but definitely not once a day.
14. You do miss 100% of the shots you don't take. (Cliche, but true).
15. Listen to your gut.
16. Don't rush things.
17. Answer emails.
18. Send thank you notes.
19. There are bigger things to worry about in school than making too much noise when you blow your nose or whether there are bumps in your ponytail.
20. Boys will like you better if you are nice. Snottiness does not equal coolness.
22. Coffee, hot tea or Diet Pepsi from a fountain are ALWAYS good ideas.
23. A little bling or fancy purse never hurt anybody and if they put a bounce in your step, it's nobody's business but your own.
24. Learn to bake a lot sooner.
25. Be as aware as possible of other's feelings and reactions.
26. Remember your loved ones' birthdays.
27. Double check that everyone you love KNOWS you do without you having to be around all the time to tell them with words.
So there's that!
Now let's hope the next year's worth of lessons are worth blogging about :)