Pit & Peak Plus My First Guest Reviewer!


button


Gosh, I think I am just going to say that this whole week was a PEAK for me! 

The only PIT I can think of is that it's over! 

The peak of my week was my birthday and how special all my family and friends made me feel.
 Funny story about my present from the hubs and kids.
My hubs set his alarm for 4:00 a.m. to get up and set up this beauty on my kitchen counter: 


And guess what this dope did? I was so groggy that I didn't even NOTICE it when I went in the kitchen to make my coffee! 

It took my hubs and R1 giving me hints to go back into the kitchen to make me realize where my birthday present was! 

I am so excited and thankful for my gift and can't wait to get started using it!

What do you use your mixer for the most?
Are there any must-have attachments I need to get?

Oh! And here's another Peak! 

Let me introduce a fellow Midwest blogger,

Dara is great and her blog is always entertaining! Whether she's posting adorable pictures of her kiddos or posting cute DIY home decor projects, it's clear she is one busy gal. Plus, this woman can KNIT. I am so jealous, maybe I can talk her into teaching me?

I am so excited to have her as my first Guest Book Reviewer!

Dara's Review of 11/22/63 by Steven King

I’ve always found myself intrigued by time travel stories – like in the book The Time Traveler’s Wife, the time-turner in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and the 5th season of Lost. I love the idea of a person going back into the past and changing his or her own future. So when I heard the premise of Stephen King’s book 11/22/63, I just knew it was a book I had to read.
“Life can turn on a dime—or stumble into the extraordinary, as it does for Jake Epping, a high school English teacher in a Maine town. While grading essays by his GED students, Jake reads a gruesome, enthralling piece penned by janitor Harry Dunning: fifty years ago, Harry somehow survived his father’s sledgehammer slaughter of his entire family. Jake is blown away . . . but an even more bizarre secret comes to light when Jake’s friend Al, owner of the local diner, enlists Jake to take over the mission that has become his obsession—to prevent the Kennedy assassination. How? By stepping through a portal in the diner’s storeroom, and into the era of Ike and Elvis, of big American cars, sock hops, and cigarette smoke. . . . Finding himself in warmhearted Jodie, Texas, Jake begins a new life. But all turns in the road lead to a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald. The course of history is about to be rewritten . . . and become heart-stoppingly suspenseful.” [Amazon]
I was not disappointed. This book was amazing. I literally could not put it down. There is so much in this book. Although the main plotline leads up to and beyond the events of November 22, 1963, the novel “combines a variety of genres, being [about the] JFK assassination, a story of time travel, a variation on the grail quest, a novel of voyeurism, a love story, a historical novel, [and] a counter-factual historical novel.” [ London Review of Books]. This book is about fate and the possibility of changing the past (the past doesn’t want to be changed). The characters are believably flawed and yet perfect for their roles in the story.
If you’ve ever wondered what the world would be like if a watershed event was changed or eliminated, this book provides a possible answer. Stephen King weaves facts about Lee Harvey Oswald in with the fiction of the story making the possibility of a man named George living across the street from Oswald seem completely real.

Is there an event that you would go back in time to change? Before you answer that question, read this book!!

Thanks, Dara! 

(If you've read a great book and want to a guest review, let me know, I would love to have you!)


Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 
We'll be busy, R1 has his first wrestling tournament on Sunday and I will be attempting to make a scarf with handwritting on it that I have had my eye on! And don't think I won't post a tutorial!