Literary Junkies Link Up!

Pink Heels Pink Truck
Today I am linking up with Taylor and Lesley for the monthly Literary Junkies! This is my favorite link up because the questions are all book related and I always love reading everyone else's answers and usually end up adding tons of great books to my reading list! 

1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it. 

It's called the Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte. 
It's basically a wake up call and inspiration to get on the band wagon of being yourself and taking steps to achieve goals and the life you want. It's a major kick in my self esteem's ass and I need it! LaPorte also mixes her own stories about how she's risen to success. It's part self-awakening and memoir. I am hooked. I've never latched on and finished a "Self help" type book but I really love this one! 


I am also reading Margaret from Maine by Joseph Monninger for a Novel Escapes Review! 
It's an interesting love story about a woman whose husband is in an vegetative state after being wounded in war and her journey to have a life for herself and their young son. It's very good so far! I will share a link to the review once it's posted!

Margaret from Maine: A Novel




2. Recommend a book that has changed your perspective on life.

Right now, I am going to answer this with the same book as above! It's just really nice to read about how kick ass you can be if you move in the direction that your heart naturally goes.
Here's just one page that really spoke to me last night: 


The words in this book are empowering, encouraging and funny.
Chapter One? Mojo. (enough said)

 3. What book do you recommend the most to people?

I am still recommending Gone Girl to anyone who hasn't read it. I know, it's probably beating a dead horse because it's been in the news, everyone is reading it... but this isn't just another Fifty Shades fad. It's real and it's frickin' good. 


 4. What are the top 3 books on your "to-read" list?
Saturday Night Widows: The Adventures of Six Friends Remaking Their Lives

The Uncoupling


Enough About Love


 5. What do you "do" while reading? (i.e. listen to music, eat) Any weird reading habits?
I doubt if this is weird but I have to have almost perfect silence to read. I can't concentrate if there is a lot of noise going on around me.  If it's just background noise like a tv or people talking quietly among  themselves, then I can handle it but if it's loud or people are asking me questions, I just have to give up. 

My favorite time to read is in bed or on the treadmill. There's really no other times when I am alone to read. It's to the point now that I almost HAVE to read in order to get to sleep at night. If I don't read, I feel lost. (Unless I've had some wine. Then sleeping is nooooo problemo! )