Weekly Book Round Up!



Let's have a good old fashion book chat!
First things first, right now I am reading "Learning To Stay" by Erin Celello. It's about a couple who's struggling through the husband's PTSD after coming home from Iraq.  I'll be writing a review for it for www.novelescapes.com so I will share it with you guys once it's posted.
It's the first book I have read in a while that actually made me cry. Which, even if it makes you sad, any book that makes you cry is still an awesome book!

and tell you what book is having "The Best Week Ever"

The Silver Linigs Playbook by Matthew Quick

The Silver Linings Playbook

And from what I hear, it's not just because now that book has Bradley Cooper on the cover. Although I am sure it doesn't hurt at all. The main characters, Pete and Tiffany find eachother in the midst of personal problems that seem so momentous that happiness is surely not in the cards for them. She's a widow and he struggles with mental issues. Considering it has "memes" all over on Pinterest with romantic and inspirational quotes, I am just going to go ahead and stamp this one a "winner."

Here's a book you may want to shelf if you liked Gone Girl (so, everyone I guess?)

Schroder by Amity Gaige

Schroder


It's about a man who is in prison for changing his name and going on the run with his daughter in tow. The Huffington post wrote that those who will want to read this book are " Fans of Gone Girl looking for a more literary yet equally sociopathic read."

Here's a book you may want to keep your eye on this month. It doesn't come out until Tuesday on Amazon.

The Chance by Karen Kingsbury

After browsing through books this week, I noticed a lot of heavy topics and sad storylines so this one's romantic twist stole my attention. Amazon says The Chance is about "story about childhood friends, broken lives, and a long-ago promise that just might offer the hope of love for today." Years after burying love letters together as teenagers, Ellie and Nolan have gone on to lead seperate lives but will they reunite 11 years after burying the letters to read them together like they promised all those years ago?

I have a couple more books to share with you, thanks to Olivia at The Lovely Sisters 
I sent out a tweet asking what everyone was reading and I was so thankful she sent me this book to share with you!

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb 
It's the story of a 2 feet, 8 inch-tall woman whose rose to fame after joining a group of entertainers that would later become the Barnum and Bailey circus.

I will definitely be adding this to my bookshelf!



 Mallory from From California to Kansas also tweeted me and she's is reading Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons.

Off Season

That's all I have for now friends, hope you are having a great weekend!  What are you reading?