Literary Junkies Link Up

It's my favorite Tuesday of the month! 
It's been the bookworms of the blogsphere take over and share their love of stories and I can't wait to browse everyone's answers! 



First Off: What Am I Reading Now? 
When She Was Gone
When She Was Gone by Gwendolen Gross. 
I've had it on my to read list for a while and then I got assigned to review it for NovelEscapes.com
So it's a win win! 
It's about the disapearance of Linsey, who is young, in love and on the threshold of adulthood and about to leave for college. Instead, she vanishes. What's interesting so far is how intracitely the story is told through the eyes of several of her neighbors. So not only do you get the story of Linsey through several perceptions, you also get to meet many other interesting characters. It's riveting so far! 
  • Locally owned bookshop or big name chain store? I have to say big name only because in my infinitely boring life in a small town, I can't say I've been to that many locally owned bookstores...but I know that if I had, they would be my favorite places on earth...I think I just figured out what I want to do when I grow up! Can a town of 1,400 support a book store? I'd even call it "That's What She Read" and we'd have comfy teal couches and popcorn on tap...


Where was I ??? 


  • Bookmark or dog-ear? Dog-ear my pages. I know, every time I do it, the little librarian lady inside me dies a little but so does the grown woman who can't ever keep track of a damn book mark.

  • Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Um...I have no idea what this means. I think it's meant for people who actually organize their books and don't pile them on their desk, floor, bedside table, etc??
  • Keep, throw away, or sell? Give a way, pass on, etc. 
  • Keep dust jacket or toss it? I always want to keep it but it always ends up falling off or getting crinkled...
  • Short story or novel? Write the short ones, read the long ones
  • Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? I love collections! 
  • Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I read until my eyes literally won't stay open any longer. 
  • “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Once upon a time...every time. 
  • Buy or borrow? Buy
  • New or used? Either or! 
  • Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? All. I have found really great reads from Goodreads.com recommendations and others from book reviews.
  • Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Tidy ending for sure! I like all the ends to be nice and finished and always feel antsy or like I'm missing out on something if it's a cliffhanger. 
  • Morning, afternoon or nighttime reading? Always night time, but if I get a chance to read in the middle of the afternoon on a weekend, I consider myself lucky and happy. 
  • Single volume or series? Both, but the first novel has to be pretty amazing to make me want to read another. 
  • Favorite series? I think I'll say Hunger Games. I know alot of people will say Harry Potter and I bet one day when I actually read them with Ryder, they will be one of my favorites too.