Someday, Someday, Maybe Review & Give A Way



Here is a book full of heart, full of promise and the dreams of a lovable main character who you will be cheering for throughout her entire story. 

Here is Franny Banks, with her unruly curly hair, her bad luck and her admirable determination to make her dreams come true.





From Lauren Graham, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood, comes a witty, charming, and hilariously relatable debut novel about a struggling young actress trying to get ahead―and keep it together―in New York City.
It’s January 1995, and Franny Banks has just six months left of the three-year deadline she set for herself when she came to New York, dreaming of Broadway and doing “important” work. But all she has to show for her efforts so far is a part in an ad for ugly Christmas sweaters, and a gig waiting tables at a comedy club.
Her bank account is rapidly dwindling, her father wants her to come home, and her agent doesn’t return her calls. But for some reason, she keeps believing that she just might get what she came for.
Someday, Someday, Maybe is a story about hopes and dreams, being young in a city, and wanting something deeply, madly, desperately. It’s about finding love, finding yourself, and perhaps most difficult of all in New York City, finding an acting job.



My favorite part of this story could be the Doc Martin references, or the fact that anything 1995 makes me think of Rachel's hair cut, but I wouldn't be able to tell you just one thing that I loved most about this charming story.

Lauren Graham knows how to tell a fun, easy, breezy story as well as she played a wholesome, loving mother in Gilmore Girls, so you can imagine the talent in the writing of this story.



Franny's adventures trying to "make it" in the big city on limited income and no agent are hopeful, even when she is unsure of herself and her dreams. One of my favorite visuals from the book is where Graham writes a literal example of how Franny sees herself from the sole tiny mirror in her apartment:

"I've only seen my upper or my lower self; I haven't seen the whole thing all at once in a long time. Maybe my upper-lower unity if now what I thought it was...regardless, I should have bought myself a new outfit for this missing. In a store with a full length mirror."

I related alot to this notion of not being able to see yourself in the full picture. I think one of the struggles for Franny is seeing parts of herself: a daughter, a dreamer, an actress, a friend but not as one whole person. How does she juggle it all? And do all of those things fit in her picture?

Franny is so relatable. She does thing real girls do, and I know I can relate. She babbles uncontrollably in front of cute guys and tries on dozens of outfits trying to find something to wear and then ends up wearing what she tried on in the first place. See what I mean? You'll see yourself in Franny!

There are many glimpses of the not so pretty side of show biz. Like getting offered a boob job from the guy you are seeing, or having your agent play "Tag" through voicemails, (aka, avoiding you). And that reminds me of another cool aspect of Someday, Someday Maybe. It's 1995. There is no Facebook, no texting, no cell phones per .5 person. If I were Franny, I would have never left my apartment for fear of missing a phone call about my big break! It made me appreciate (or hate, sometimes) the ability to get in contact of someone at any time.

Lauren Graham's novel is an easy, flowing read that is like a great episode of your favorite sitcom. It has touching scenes, comedy and great characters!

I give Someday, Someday, Maybe a Full Glass Rating!




I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to review Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham! And the icing on the cake is that I get to give a way two copies to my readers!



a Rafflecopter giveaway