The Great Great Gatsby

Last week I had the most amazing time at a Gatsby inspired Garden Party with my mom, grandma and sisters. We had so much fun that I had to document as much as I could! If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen a couple random photos but I thought I would elaborate on them! 

First, the food! Lemon cupcakes with raspberry icing, gourmet cheese and shot classes filled with cilantro infused shrimp ceviche..and the drinks...

 "Every Friday five crates of oranges and lemons arrived from a fruiterer in New York — every Monday these same oranges and lemons left his back door in a pyramid of pulpless halves...At least once a fortnight a corps of caterers came down with several hundred feet of canvas and enough colored lights to make a Christmas tree of Gatsby’s enormous garden. On buffet tables, garnished with glistening hors-d’oeuvre, spiced baked hams crowded against salads of harlequin designs and pastry pigs and turkeys bewitched to a dark gold. In the main hall a bar with a real brass rail was set up, and stocked with gins and liquors and with cordials so long forgotten that most of his female guests were too young to know one from another." -Chapter 3, The Great Gatsby

My favorite was the French 75 (middle):
1 lemon
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) gin
1 1/2 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
1 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup (2 ounces) dry sparkling wine, such as brut Champagne, chilled

Also, the Rum Punch was to die for! 
2 oz  Rum

2 oz Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
1 oz Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
1 dash Bitters
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and stir together without ice.

Pour into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice and stir gently.
Garnish with an orange wheel.





Even the people were enchanting. One woman played the most beautiful Gershwin's Summertime, and this couple dressed up and looks so cute together! 



The hotel is called the Elms Hotel & Spa. It was built in 1912 and still houses a natural spring spa in the basement of the hotel. It's beautiful and I want to go back there to experience their 5 star spa so bad! We took a tour and I fell in love! Even the air is infused with eucalyptus! 

Here's the group of lovely ladies I had the pleasure of spending this fun afternoon with!


My grandma Terry and little sister Tawni in the back and my mom, sister Jessica (and baby Lucy!) and me in the front! We took a horse drawn carriage ride through the historic downtown! 

It's been a week and I am still talking about the garden party. I am so happy I went and had such a great time with my family. Plus, anything that combines my family, my favorite book AND cocktails is pretty much a WIN WIN situation in my book!