Weekend Shenannies

Sami's Shenanigans


Linking up with Sam Sam Sami! 



1. Friday night: R1's first trip to the ER. We discovered he must be pretty allergic to bee or wasp stings. We don't know what exactly stung him but he was sent home from summer school after it swelled up. After calling my friend who is an FNP, I decided to take him to the ER after she said that the swelling that had spread to his eye could also spread to his throat, potentially. Once we got to the ER, we found a rash covering his chest as well. His poor ear was so swollen that it tore the skin. Seriously scary moment for this mama! After steroids and benedryl, my champ is doing fine, but an Epipen is definitely in our future! 

2. My #OOTD for my BFF Stephanie's Breakfast At Tiffany's Bridal Shower. I was nervous to put together a trendy outfit but ended up feeling great and loving it! Necklace: Charming Charlie's, Dress: Target, Cardy: Old Navy.

3. R2, aka "Rapunzel" wore a flower girl dress all afternoon Sunday. And if you're wearing a princess wedding dress, apparently that means you must twirl wherever and whenever possible. Any girl who wears a gown to do laundry in and go to the park in is a girl after my own heart...

4. Beers at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch...it just goes perfectly together, am I right? 

5. Thought I would snap a quick picture of one happy girl this weekend. I was literally driving in the car by myself and looked in my rear view and noticed this huge smile on my face. So, being a blogger and all, I had to document the fact that my eyes are sparkling, I am smiling and I feel good about things..it's been a long time coming! 

6. A snapshot of the bridal shower cake. Breakfast at Tiffany's was also playing on a big screen during the shower, so cute! 

7. A new book that I read about last night that I am really interested in! It's called Engagement and it's about the evolution of diamonds and America's obsession with engagement rings. It's a fiction novel but based on real events and people, including the woman behind the famous "Diamonds are forever" ad campaign. Who doesn't love bling?

8. My weekend ended with a nonfat caramel macchiato from my peeps at Starbucks. Just plain wonderful. 

Events that aren't featured include moments I was having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures. Like letting R1 cook dinner with me, letting R2 try on her swim suits, the funnest trip to Target in the history of time and being with my two best friends, Steph and Morgan. Morgan and I stayed at Steph's new home, which is out of this world beautiful. I was so happy to be with the two friends who have known me longer than any other friends in the world and love me unconditionally. We drank wine, ate at a Mexican restaurant,  told stories and then watched funny YouTube videos in our pajamas until we couldn't keep our eyes open. Does it get any better than that, really? I think one post this week will be dedicated to sharing the videos that had us laughing uncontrollably! You guys will love them! 

That's all for now folks. Hope you had as much fun as I did this weekend!