Gratitudes

Insert Classy Here - Gratitude

Today, I am planning ahead and linking up with Steph @ Insert Classy Here for Gratitude Wednesdays.

I thought a lot about what specifically I am grateful for and I kept coming back to friends. The real kind. Not the Facebook ones or the ones who are more like "acquaintances" who you squinty eye smile at when you seen them out and about.

I am thankful right now for the REAL friends and once I started really thinking about it, I realize I have different types of real friends and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

You know that saying "A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be right there next to you saying "that was AWEsome!"
I have that friend.

And by friend, I am talking about the beautiful blonde girl on the left, not the two in the bottles, but those have been pretty legit pals too. Morgan is literally the friend that was sitting next to me at the jail one night when we went "looking at Christmas" lights with a couple of dudes we'd never met before while we were in college. We started in the city and ended up 70 miles southeast in a small town, where we promptly got pulled over and taken to the clink. We convinced the officers (how, in our drunken state, I have no idea) that we were with these guys who we'd never met, we were scared and totally innocent (even though we were in fact underage). The cops bought us a hotel room for the night and kept the dudes in jail. 

I'm not even ashamed, that is still one of the funnest stories I ever get to tell. (there's more to it, naturally but my grandma reads this.) And Morgan was there for it all and then some. She's just THAT friend, you know? 



The Anytimers: The friends that you can go days, months without talking to but can still randomly email with an off the wall comment or shameful observation about someone you went to high school with. Case in point, my BFF, Steph. (The bride I have been going on about for a couple posts)I can't count on two hands the number of random emails we've sent each other that went something like this

"Did you see ____ ____ (insert name here) got married?! Did he even date in high school? His wife has to be someone who did NOT know him in high school!"

" Kill me now. There's an intern at work who doesn't know what  CLUELESS is. When did we get so old?!"

And even if it's been a couple of weeks, we just pick up right where we left off and it's awesome sauce. Both Morgan and Steph fall under another category of Old Friends, which you really can't beat because they know EVERYTHING and still find room to love you. 

someecards.com - We'll be best friends forever because you already know too much. 
And thankfully, I have this next group to be grateful for:

Bloggy friends. Or, bliends if you will. 
I can't tell you the amount of healing that has been done thanks to gchat, twitter and blog comments from the wonderful women I have met since diving into the blog world last year. 



They've laughed at my kid's craziness with me, celebrated my milestones with me and I can't tell you how many times I've read and reread the comments on the posts where I needed all the support they were so generous to give me. 

There are too many amazing girls to list, but you know who you are and I love your faces. And to those who  I haven't randomly gchatted with, hit me up. I promise it will be fun. 

I've even been lucky enough to meet some of them, like Mallory and Brin. Best blates ever. Oh and let's not forget the Gchat vlates. I can't even. Mal and Jess, let's make this happen again and soon mkay? Do I need to remind you that I flirted with the kid two apartments down so he'd give me his wifi password JUST so we could vlate!? 


Yes, that's me in the left corner, vogue-ing. Or something. 


And then there are the FO REAL friends. These friends just happen to be alot of my awesome family members as well, which, lucky for me, means they basically HAVE to like me. But fo real, I don't know what I would do without my sister, mom, aunts and grandmas who have stood by me no matter what. They may say they don't love my decisions or agree with the direction I chose, but they still love me. And for that, I am grateful.   I have my family and I have friends who love me so much that they just randomly text me to check in, or show up at my door with wine, invite me over for Apples to Apples, or just have me and the kids over for mac and cheese and The Little Mermaid. Oh and the ones who go for late ice cream runs with me, encourage me to keep up the running, randomly wash my dishes and pay for my fountain Diet Pepsi before I get a chance to, I don't know what I would do without you. 

You see, there's this thing called unconditional friendship. Unconditional love.
And that's what really matters the most. 



So there you have it. My long winded list of gratitudes. ( I love making up new words, just go with it).
In short, I am so thankful for my friends. You keep me up, you keep me real and you keep me smiling. 

You know who you are. High Five. :) 

And for my unfriends who have dropped me like a hot potato for reasons I can totally understand (but don't entirely agree with), let me just say this.
I love you even though you judge people without walking a mile in their shoes. I love you even though you have two faces and I love you despite your short comings. I love you because that's what friends do. But what I won't do is still be friends with you on Facebook and act like I want you to see what I am up to. And I definitely won't pretend that I think it's hysterical that you won't speak to me "IRL" but you have no probs stalking my blog. How cute, winky face. 



Ok that was mean girl of me. But I just had to! 

Now upward and onward friends, it is Hump Day after all! I'll be celebrating by doing laundry in my new washer and dryer! Booyah! #itsthelittlethings