I Fried This Post and Covered it in Powdered Sugar

I won't even waste your time telling you about how I spent Friday night alone. Okay, okay I wasn't totally alone. I had my friends Red Baron, Moscato and the KC Chiefs with me. They were all great company. 





The real fun of the weekend started on Saturday afternoon when I got to spend an hour with my niece Lucy and see my sister. 


She's pretty perfect if you ask me! 

Saturday night I headed to Lincoln, Ne with some friends and to have a blate with Brin! 



Don't be too jealous when I tell you this but Brin is pretty awesome and you should feel bad that you haven't gotten to blate with her. 
Oh okay, maybe I think she's just fun because she laughed the whole night. (I am going to ignore the fact that there's a huge chance that Brin was actually laughing AT me the whole night and just say that she must have been having a great time. ) I mean I can't blame her. I'm kind of a goof ball, I can't help it. 
( you can blame Brin for not being fast enough to get a picture of me tripping and falling or having powdered sugar on my face, in my cleavage and my hair.) 


Everyone in our group decided we'd all get something different so we could sample as much food as possible. I wanted to try as much as possible but the portions were SO HUGE so I ended up getting several little dishes of bbq sauces from The Desparado booth. 
The sweet sauce was perfect but the hot and spicy sauce was SOOOO SPICY. 



Brin's spiral potatoes from Desparado. 
I mean, you can't even imagine how good these are until you try a few. 
Or try ALL of them.  Which is pretty much what happened. 


 And drum roll please....
This is the WINNER WINNER of the evening, even though naming one thing was difficult.
 This sandwich is from Aussom Possum, which I gathered is a pretty famous BBQ chain from Australia. The sandwich is one layer of brisket, ham, bacon and then layers of cheese, all on top of a perfect, soft pretzel bun. I mean, I can't even tell you the goodness. There was also corn bread, cole slaw, baked beans, shrimp, chicken, ribs, corn on the cob and that's just the first time around.


The second time around we decided to go all out and take over the fried food station. 
Meet our friend, the fried Snickers.  

 Paula Deen called and she wants her diabetes back.


And seriously, this is the best dessert I have ever ever had. Friend peanut butter and jelly on a stick, covered in powder sugar.  I know. Like I said, Paula Deen. 



Ribfest in Lincoln was truly impressive. The bands sounded great, the choice of food to countless and the general atmosphere was very fun. 

Sunday was spend recuperating  which apparently meant even more eating. 
I can't even believe my body was capable of holding more food but once you pop, you can't stop right? 


As you could see, I couldn't make up my mind so I try 3 different flavors of froyo.
It was soooo delicious. 

So that's basically my weekend. 
If you need me this week, you can find me on the treadmill.  Woofta. 

Thanks for a great link up Sami! 







Sami's Shenanigans

Hey speaking of taking tons of foodee pics, (BTW I totally take pics of other things, promise) follow along with me on Instagram! (Leave your instagram link in the comments because I would love to follow along with you too!)