The Fastest Weekend Ever


Seriously, how is it Monday already? 
It's not fair! 
This upcoming week is super busy thanks to a two-day benefit golf tournament for work, so I am already dragging my feet this morning. My tired eyes and weary brain can only do so much this morning which means you get a photo dump of our weekend! 

Friday looked like this: Date night with the kidlets and setting up a booth at a local fair for work: 


Saturday looked like this:
A pet pig named Charlotte (her brother was Wilbur) and a parade. Reese yelled "Candy Crusssshhhhh!" as she pelted people with candy from our float! The parade was long enough that after our float went through, we were able to join the crowd and get our own bucket full of candy! 


Saturday night looked like this: 
After the fair we headed to my mom's house to hang out with my sister, Lucy, my 'rents and my step brother.  Great food, cuddles with the cutest baby ever, a little reading time for the grandkids and wine. Now that is the recipe for a wonderful evening! 


 Sunday looked like this: 
Getting to know Mom and Dad's new dog, Rodney. He showed up while they were away on vacation, broke open their back door, drug their throw pillows, blankets and shoes out into the backyard and has now made a permanent home in their hearts. He's a sweetie who I am pretty sure smiles like a real human. 
We stopped at the dairy farm down the road from mom's to get our morning milk. Ryder: root beer, Reese: cotton candy and me: coffee. It's soooo good! 

Sunday night: Individual pizzas, Sandlot the movie, laundry, bike ride and bed! 


I somehow was able to get a lot of reading done this weekend. I am reading A Life More Complete by Nikki Young for a NovelEscapes.com review and am really enjoying it so far! 

I started listening to The Engagements a couple weeks ago and it really fizzled out for me, so I shelved it. If you've read it and liked it, let me know and I will give it another shot!  

I am going to start reading the Tree House series with Ryder before bedtime this week and I am really excited about it! 


How was your weekend? Hope it was as great as ours! 
Happy Monday! 


Sami's Shenanigans