Winner Winner, Weekend Dinners

Sami's Shenanigans


Hello Monday, she says while giving the stink eye. Why are you always unfashionable early?? 

So here we are again, looking back on another amazing weekend that went way to fast! 

Friday, my son's kindergarten class took over the Henry Doorly Zoo. 



I promise we had more fun than these two pouty lipped monkeys. 



The zoo has a new, incredible dinosaur exhibit. The dinos move, blink, growl and look so real. R1 was in heaven!








My favorite is always the aquarium! 





Leave it to R1 to show his excitement via a goofy grin: 



I ended Friday by myself, catching up on blog posts, reading and cleaning. Okay well maybe I didn't clean. I moved stuff out of the walking pathways of the apartment and put all the clothes from the floor into the closet. But still. 

Then, I didn't go to the liquor store for wine and the cashier didn't ask me where the party was and I didn't have to answer "Oh, it's just me by myself." 

Yup, that didn't happen. 



Also, My Best Friend's Wedding was on, so it basically WAS a party at my place, even if I was drinking and hanging out by myself.


Saturday: 
 I chopped my hair off! 




Also: A BBQ, my oldest friend, her sweet as pie new hubby, their BEAUTIFUL home. 




Best impromptu side salad: 

Bertolli Pesto Tortellini Salad
1 package cheese tottellini pasta
Cherry Tomatoes
Black Olives
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese 
Mini Pepperoni Slices
Bertolli Pesto Sauce
(I used almost the entire jar of pesto but you can uses as much or as little as you please)
It was a huge hit! 






Before Steph's, we tailgated ala Buffalo Wild Wings Style and watched a great, exciting first half of the Husker game. 

The second half, well, insert a couple more ounces of beer and a lot LESS football watching friends, because things got ugly in the second half. 

But that doesn't mean we didn't have fun! 

And by fun, I mean Angry Orchard ON TAP. 



Sunday looked like this: 



You can have your pumpkin spice and I'll take the Salted Caramel Mocha, mm kay? 

Maybe I had one of these as well 



No, YOU have an addiction.

Note: If you put the drink on the OUTSIDE of the cart in the little clippy holder, a lady will knock it off and spill it all over isle D13 but if you give the Starbucks lady a pouty face when you ask her what the name  of the drink that you just ordered 10 minutes ago, she'll feel bad and give you another FO FREE! 

Win.

I also painted some picture frames, caught up on ALL the laundry and read more of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. And if you're asking if maybe you should pick up a copy and start reading it as well, the answer is YES. 

And then finally, I ended the weekend with a glass of wine, a movie and a good friend and even though Monday was just a day away, it was still an amazing couple of days!