I'd Blate You

4 things I learned from my blate with Allie, Brin & Sarah

1. There are too many one way streets in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oh, and U turns are totally legal whenever there's not a sign saying other ways. (the amount of u turns I whipped while trying to get to this blate was quite expressive). 

2. When I get really excited about something, I act like a dork. Apparently I giggle and use my hands alot. I tried to stop but it was like I was a kid in a candy store! They probably all think I am a gittery hot mess. Which I probably am but whatevs. 

3. Being with a group of bloggers while at dinner was a lot better than being the only blogger at dinner. Mostly because everyone was Instagramming, Tweeting and Snapchatting and no one got offended. OH and I finally felt totally comfortable taking food pictures. When every one you are eating with is taking pictures of their food, it's the new normal. Also, one thing you should know about Brin: she is easily embarrassed.  And of course once I learned this, I had to make her as embarrassed as possible, which I accomplished by singing happy birthday at the top of my lungs and saying "But I am a BLOGGER" whenever told me to stop taking her pictures. I know she still loves me. 


4. The last and most important lesson: These girls are amazing. Funny, witty, caring, interesting. All of that and more. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much at the end of the night. I felt like I was sitting down to dinner with women I'd know since grade school. Blogging has totally opened up an opportunity for me to be completely myself. It was so freeing. I hope they don't mind that my hands fly around like crazy when I talk or that I laugh really loud or drive like a maniac, because that's me and that's who they got! 

If you ever have the opportunity to meet fellow bloggers, do it. A million times over, do it. You will have so much fun!