Oh, Nom Nom Nom (Recipes)

Can I have a braggable moment? This morning, I woke up early and dragged my butt out of bed early enough to lay out a decent work outfit and coordinating jewelry, PLUS got both kids dressed in clean, matching clothes, braided R2's hair, put dinner in the Crockpot, remembered my work out clothes AND had enough time to spare! I rewarded myself by getting a fountain Diet Pepsi, which I haven't done before work in 2 weeks! It was nice to visit my addiction after a little vacation :) Okay, #bragaboutit moment is over. Now onto a couple recipes!


This weekend I managed to make a few loaves of bread and they came out so great I thought to myself, "Self, you should share this on your blog!" 

So bada bing, bada boom, here we are. 

First up, what if I told you that you can combine 3 of the world's most FAVORITE things and make something delicious? You'd probably say "Thank you Jenni!" and I would humbly nod and bow. 

I bring you: 



Stuff you need: 
3 cups self raising flour
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 12 oz. can light beer
1/4 cup sugar
1 squirt of honey
1 bag of chocolate chips (I found a bag of both pb chips and chocolate chips that I used!)
1 cup of sour cream (weird I know but it makes it moist!)
1/2 stick of butter 

Stuff you need to do to it: 

Mix flour, peanut butter, beer, sugar, honey & sour cream with a mixer. Fold in the chips. Melt the butter in a bowl and pour half into the bottom of a loaf pan. Pour the batter in the pan, topping it with the remainder of melted butter. 

Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. 

Serve with butter or jelly or just eat it all in one setting  like I did.

My other favorite meal we had this weekend is the most convenient and versatile meal ever. 

Tortilla Chicken: 

I use:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 jar of Picante sauce (or any salsa)
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 pkage of taco seasoning
Put all ingredients in a Crockpot and cook for 6-8 hours on medium. 
Once the chicken is cooked, take it out and shred in with a fork, put it pack in the crock pot. 
We ate it on tortillas with sour cream and lettuce. My kids LOVED it. 

Variation:  
I also think this could be the perfect base for a chicken tortilla soup, just add chicken stock until it's the consistency you like for soup and serve with sour cream and chips!