Life Lately: Happy Dances

I thought it was about time for a "Life Lately" update mostly  because there has been some exciting news going on in these parts and I can't wait to share!

First I have to brag and update you on the kidlets.

Lately R2 has been having some....attitude problems. Lots of whining, lots of fit throwing. I have to stop myself from screaming myself most times before I realize that she's a three year old who pretty much breezed through the terrible twos. And who, as I have come to realize, must have been saving all of those tantrums for the threes. Lucky me. I find that as long as I keep a steady supply of Katy Perry, string cheese, Jake and The Neverland Pirates, her baby blanket and cuddles coming, we can both ride out the storm together.



Lately R1 has been growing up before my eyes. Imagine my shear joy when his kindergarten teacher stopped me in the hall last week and said "You're a writer, aren't you? Well you should know that you definitely passed that on to your son. He just shines when he writes." Cue. the. water.works.


Lately I have been...doing happy dances. Where ever there is space I am grooving. Sometimes I act like Michelle Kwan and do a double axle in the kitchen, sometimes I attempt the two step, other times I karate chop the air. I've just been so full of positive energy lately that I can't help but let it out. Thankfully, there are no hidden cameras (at least I hope not) so that way you can have a nice visual of me gracefully gliding through my apartment like a gazelle instead of the hippo from Madagascar, which is closer to the truth.

Lately I have butterflies. Maybe that has been what's fueled my dance routines. The butterflies may have something to do with the fact that I GOT A NEW JOB. With an AMAZING copywriting and PR firm filled with fun and interesting women. And to say I am excited would be the understatement of the CENTURY. I'll be able to have flexible hours to be home for the kids and available for field trips and parties. I'll be able to travel around the area and meet new people. I'll be able to do things I've always wanted to do professionally and it's all too amazing to wrap my head around right now, but I will keep posted!  But to sum it up, I pretty much feel like this every minute of the day:




Lately I have been writing. Thanks to NanoWriMo.org, I have been writing more than ever. Maybe it's the pep talks from authors like Rainbow Rowell or the emails they send that speak to me as if they are the novel that I have trying to write, but whatever it is has me inspired with a capital FINALLY. Sometimes I just sit down in front of Google Docs and get lost in time while words spill out of my imagination onto the keyboard. It's...freeing.

Lately I have been reading We Are Water by Wally Lamb and The Circle by David Eggers. (Which I posted a review about that must have been as boring as the book because no body read it).


Don't worry. I forgive you. Just don't let it happen again. 


Lately I've been watching more movies: For example, I went to see Captain Phillips. After watching Tom Hanks completely NAIL it in this movie, I whispered to my movie watching partner "If I ever get a dog, I am going to name him Tom Hanks." That's how awesome he was. I am not into paranormal, witches, unrealistic, etc when it comes to movies but since this was based on true events, it scared the Mileys out of me. For real. Go see it.

Lately I have been just living and doin' my thang. And having a blast! Between the 50 million Legos R1 got for his birthday and planning Christmas lists and get togethers, I haven't had time to sit down but hey, the more the merrier, right?!

Well now I see that I have rambled on quite enough. 
Have yourself a very merry Hump Day friends!