A Link Up! My 2013 In Review

It's pretty crazy that 2013 is almost over...
I can't decide yet if this year has been the hardest of my life...or the best. Does that make sense?  I've been through a lot but I can't say I hate it because I love where I've ended up. 

In celebration of 2014's debut, here are my favorite things of the last year! 



My Favorite Posts:
That's What She Wrote
 Why I Blog 
Writers: I Know You Are Out There
An Ode To Storypeople And Some Original Work 
My Reese Is 3
Lessons My 6 Year Old Taught Me 

My Favorite Book Reviews:
Someday, Someday Maybe by Laura Graham 
Redesigning Rose by Lydia Laceby
Chanel Bonfire by Wendy Lawless 


My Favorite Songs: 

Feel Again by One Republic on Grooveshark

 Who You Love by John Mayer on Grooveshark 


And thanks to one of my FAVORITE BLOGS, you can link up your favorite songs of the year too at Helene In Between today!)

My Favorite TV Shows:
Orange is the New Black
Scandal 
Nashville 
My Favorite Pics: 




I met blog friends! 


I went on field trips 



Saw the Royals play 


Dressed cute.


Met more blog friends 


Had the cutest Fancy Zebra for Halloween 


Fell in love with my little girl everyday, over and over again



Hand new family pictures taken 


Took the kiddos to the park...hundreds of times


Threw some pretty amazing showers


Showered my super awesome son with love and kisses 


Drove like a mad woman to meet my brand new niece 


Toasted one of my oldest, best friends as she said I Do 


Fell in love with a little girl named Lucy  and much more! 


There are way more photos and happy memories, too many to list here! 

I became an aunt. My little man is in kindergarten, my daughter grew into a diva...I found a new career that rocks my world...I have new friends that I adore...and things on the horizon that I can't even begin to describe...so to say 2013 was an epic year is pretty much an understatement. 

It's so fun to take a stroll down memory lane and replay all of the great moments! 

And then I stop and go back to where I was last year at about this time...and I read this: 


My only promise to myself I wanted to keep in 2013 was to be happier. 

And friends, I think I did it. 

I even listen to happier music. AND I curl my hair more. And I surround myself with people who really truly care about me and love me despite my misgivings and shortcomings. That's really the best gift you can give yourself. 


Thank you so much for linking up with Steph and Me! We love reading them and are so happy to celebrate 2013 and 2014 with you!