The Christmas that Was (The Best)

How do I survive the holidays?

In retrospect, it was quite easy. Now, I know during the hustle and bustle there were certainly times I was wishing for a fast forward button. (If you saw me pulled over on I-29 with the flashers on, I swear I was only yelling at the top of my lungs at the Rs out of pure love).

But mostly, it was bliss. Snowy, crinkled wrapping paper everywhere bliss.

Here are some of the highlights that made the Holidays 2013 one I will never forget.

I remember alot of smiles: 
Sister. Mom. Reese & Me.

I remember a tons of shouts of "YES!" and "I'm so lucky!" coming from my kids as they ripped through their packages. Okay, I'll admit, I was shouting the same thing too. 

How can you have a highlights reel without some drink shots and a leggings picture? And yes, that's a Twilight themed tablecloth. Thanks Grandma. And when you're in a cabin with all of your closest family, it's apparently the perfect time for a really good nap. 


 And then there was this:
Possibly the best moments of mommyhood I've had so far. A no-holds bar snow fight with my wonderful best bud. The look of pure joy on his face was priceless and something I will never ever forget. Granted he was probably taking out pent up frustrations over me not letting him have orange sorbet for breakfast but it was still fun none the less! And even though my hair was frozen to my face and my glasses were almost a fatally, I wouldn't trade it for the WORLD.


And then my sister turned him into a snowman and it was the funniest thing ever. 


And how can I can forget about this beautiful snow bunny?  Granted, she was the cause of my interstate melt down mentioned above, but she's just so damned cute. 



And last but certainly not least, these days you can't really say you celebrated Christmas without an ugly sweater party. 


I'd say there are some real winners there. Notice the sheer joy on Dad's face there. And yes, his sweatshirt says "happiness is a furry friend." And see that happy couple there, third picture over? Yup, that's my aunt Aimee and her man, Greg. I can't help but brag about THIS reference, when I predicted in a Weekend Shenanigans post about the weekend I first met Greg this summer that he would probably still be around at Christmas. And I am so glad I was right! He's perfect for my wonderful aunt and I'm so happy for her! My sister and moms rocked the sweaters but I think the true winner had to be Miss Lucy. Those cheeks? I DIE!

Woofta, that is one impressive Christmas holiday, if I do say so myself!

I'm calling it a night. Tomorrow? More work from home and then a great New Year's party with some of my favorite people.

Happy Happy New Year Friends!