I Wanna See You Be Brave

Today I went and did something that took some courage. Some self confidence, some bravery and a walk on the wilder side. My sister did it too, so I was hardly on my own but I think we both ended our day walking a little taller, with a new skip in our steps.

I am not going to tell you what we did, that's not the point of this post, per se. 

Really  I just wanted to tell you, who ever is reading this, to be brave. 

In the words of Katy and Sara, I want to see you be brave, I want to hear you roar.



There are things others want to see us do, there are words our loved ones want to hear us say. But a lot of the times, we are too afraid. 

Well I say screw it. 

Do what my sister and I did today. Drink 4 glasses of wine and "to hell with it" and just do it. 

That class you've been meaning to take? That trip you've always dreamed of taking? That one phone call you've been avoiding? That one gift you've always wanted to give? 

No one but yourself is telling you that you can't. It's all in your head. 


My mom got another dog after losing the first dog she'd had in decades. She got her heart broken after being brave the first time and pulled up her boot straps and went right on being brave. Her new dog and her have matching Vera Bradley accessories and she couldn't be happier. 

One of my best friends got married and moved across the country with her new husband. They didn't know a soul where they moved and they're doing great. I have in awe of her bravery. 

And there's these bloggers that I love. Every day, bloggers pour their hearts, souls, creativity and quirkiness into these online diaries regardless that there are probably people, both in the blog world and IRL that laugh at their posts or ridicule them when they don't get their humor. And yet, here we are, waving our freak flags for all to read. And I love it. The bravery and self confidence it takes to share my honest opinions and dorky side makes me feel a little more solid in liking myself every day and that's something we all need a dose of once in a while. 

What do you do that's brave??