Pit and Peak !


This week: The "Mom Fail" Edition of Pit & Peak! 

                                                    


This week went by sooooooooooooo fast. 


I am so glad each time Friday rolls around (for multiple reasons, I am sure you can guess) but mostly I love when I have to sit down and really think about the Pits and Peaks of my week. It's always a great moment when week after week I have to struggle to come up with a Pit to share. That's pretty much a win right there. 

Pits: This week the kids have been wayyyyyyy testing my patience at bedtime. AND I forgot that it was snack day and was 30 minutes out of town by the time I checked my phone and saw the reminder text from his teacher. I am not so sure why my patience has been close to non existent. Don't you sometimes wish that there was a fairy god other-mother who magically swooped in the second you got frazzled and "bippity boppity boop," there was a craft laid out on the table for the kids to work on while you made dinner with healthy ingredients that magically appeared in your kitchen?  



Maybe it's the winter blues? Maybe it's that we are dying to get outside for once? Tonight it was just barely in the 40s so I let us bundle up and play outside for a little bit. I just can't stand being cooped up all the time! We are craving the sunshine! I am running out of things to keep them entertained! Sometimes don't you just feel like you just miss the "awesome mom" train? Like it's pulling out of the station right when you have this great idea or moment of calmness and it's too late... 


Here's a mom question for you: What would you do?
For the past couple nights I have discovered that the Rs are getting up in the middle of the night or early morning and watching movies instead of sleeping. Monday night at like 3 a.m. R1 came and woke me up to ask if he could watch a movie (he'd already started but must have had a guilty conscience and broke down and asked) and of course I said no and put him back in bed. So today, I told them if they get up and watch movies before it's light out or before I am awake, I am taking the tv out of their room. So then guess what happens this morning at 5:00 a.m.? You guessed it, I walk into their room and they are both up and at 'em, watching Tickerbell. Really? That's the show you went with? So tonight I have to follow through and take the tv out and I know all hell is going to break loose but I don't have any other options. How would you handle it ?




Peak wise...I'd say it'd have to be Wednesday night, when I played Barbies with R2 (we recreated the scene when the step sisters won't let Cinderella go to the ball over and over and OVER again) and then I played endless games of Tic Tac Toe and Pig Pen with R1 plus some math problems, after that, when they  finally closed their eyes and went to sleep, there was the moment of peacefulness when I realized they went to bed happy, warm and content which is always a huge peak. I can't be that fail-y of a mom all the time if that happens at least once in a while right? So I did what every mother does, I rewarded myself with a  bottle glass of red wine and cuddled on the couch with my favorite blanket and watched tv. Then I read more of The Cuckoo Calls and went to bed. Well played Wednesday evening, well played. 


This weekend it is supposed to get in to 60s, I can see the muddy tennis shoes now! Come hell or high water we are getting outside this weekend! The kiddos and I are going to the circus too! 

How do you beat the winter blues?? I think I need some tips to get through this last stretch! 

Thanks for reading and for linking up with Allie and me!

 skfjd;alkdjfa;sf