Books Hitting the Big Screen

You know what I love? Books. And Movies.
Imagine what happens when I find out a book I love is hitting the big screen.

Yes there is jumping up and down. Yes, I tweet about it and yes, I watch the trailers over and over again.

And yes, I know that almost EVERY movie is NEVER as good as the book. I literally CRIED real tears when my favorite book, P.S. I Love You was butchered to pieces in the movie. I didn't even finish it and have boycotted it ever since. And when I say it's one of my favorite books, I mean I've read it more than Oh, The Places You'll Go.

So though it is with some hesitation that I endorse these movies, I just can't help but hope that they will be as riveting as the books and that the adaptations do the stories justice!

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - the first book I reviewed on this blog (almost 2 years ago!). I will definitely reread this book before it comes out in October. I love Ben Afleck as Nick Dunn and am really excited to see this on film!


Gillian Flynn's other book, Dark Places, is also becoming a movie. There's no trailer or release date but it is just as (if not even more) twisted than Gone Girl and very creepy, so I am excited about it as well!

The Giver- The first book I remember really sticking with me. I read it when I was in middle school and it just spoke to me. The visuals in the trailer have my hopes high. I really think this could be a great adaptation!



 Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - My grandma had this book when I was little and it was like, my mantra growing up. I felt like Alexander and I were kindred spirits. I couldn't find the trailer but the stills from filming show a great cast including Jennifer Garner and Steve Carell. How could it  go terribly, horribly wrong?


Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand- This video leaves me speechless. I am just so humbled and inspired by Louis' story. The book was amazing and so full of information from historical events. I just really feel like this is going to be epic, especially with Queen Angelina Jolie in the director's chair.






 Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern- From the author that brought my favorite, P.S. I Love You, comes "Love, Rosie" which is being made into a movie under it's UK name, Where Rainbows End. Very excited about this one as well, as long as whoever the schmuck was who messed up P.S. I Love You isn't involved.


Rosie and Alex are destined for one another, and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, their relationship gets closer by the day, until Alex gets the news that his family is leaving Dublin and moving to Boston. At 17, Rosie and Alex have just started to see each other in a more romantic light. Devastated, the two make plans for Rosie to apply to colleges in the U.S. She gets into Boston University, Alex gets into Harvard, and everything is falling into place, when on the eve of her departure, Rosie gets news that will change their lives forever.

All of these trailers have me so excited to get to the movies this year! AND speaking of trailers, have you seen this year?
 I. just. can't. 


Which movie are you the most excited about?