Currently...an Update on Life Post

What's new around here? Seems like it's been a while since I've done a Currently inspired post, so here it goes! 

First off, I have to rave about the books I've tackled lately. The Weight of Blood by Laura McHugh, 
and most recently,
which I will have a review up for soon. I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed each of these books. I read in an interview with Chelsea Handler that she loved May We Be Forgiven so that's why I read it and am so glad I did. It's about two brothers, one terrible character named George who kills two people in a drunk driving accident and goes into a downward spiral afterwards and the other, Harold, who is sleeping with George's wife. Harold might be one of the most interesting novel characters I've ever read about. His honest and frank narration of the story made me want to hit him and hug him at the same time. I was literally riveted on every page. 

Currently, I'm reading... I am taking a break from heavier reads and diving into Tempting Fate by Jane Greenwho is one of those authors whose books I just automatically pick up whenever I see a new one. I need a light and fluffy weekend read. I almost started the Gold Finch because Manfriend picked it out at the library for me but it was really heavy and slow moving so I took it back. Come to find out, it was just award the Pulitzer Prize, so that shows how much I know about books. Well played, Manfriend, well played. 

Currently, my kids are...enjoying the weather! With soccer on the weekends and wind that is perfect for kites, we have been playing outside a lot lately. Easter weekend was perfect for all the things I had planned for them outside, including an Easter egg hunt and playing magic "seeds" that the Easter bunny magically bloomed turned into Blow Pops on Easter morning. 



Currently, I've been working out ...and I am still alive. I have been going really good. This week, my girlfriend and I have been doing her "sticks" work out. At first it doesn't feel like you are working that hard, but by the end of the last workout we did yesterday, I was panting and worn OUT. 


We picked 30 sticks yesterday, by stick 25 I was sweating and panting but I finished and felt so good afterward. Working out with a girlfriend, while listening to 80s music on Pandora is just the way to go, in my opinion. I'm planning a blog post to share some of the work outs, so stay tuned! 

That's all she wrote, friends. 
It's Friday, fabulous and finally time to shut the computer off for the weekend! 
Have a great one!