What Memorial Weekend Looked Like

This post doesn't hold anything interesting, just warning you! Mostly because I have been swamped with work this week. Plus we will have tons of company this weekend and my house is a wreck. Like, there's Fruit Loops on the throw pillows and 30 mismatched socks floating all over the laundry room. Oh, and the trash is overflowing.  You know, the usual. Anyway, here's what is going on in our neck woods.

First, my memorial weekend was pretty amazing.



Camping, a flea market, a winery, beautiful weather and...my sister photo bombing the creepiest selfie I've ever taken...



I mean, can you beat that?

There are so many amazing wineries in my neck of the woods. We stayed for 3 bottles  a couple glasses at a place called Whiskey Run Creek  after walking around a flea market in a teeny little town called Brownville. The Winery has a beautiful barn they've turned into the perfect place to sip on samples of over 23 different wines. After picking our favorite, we bought a couple bottles, plus a basket filled with artisan cheeses, summer sausage and crackers. It was so fun! 
What are your go-to types of wine? 

I picked out a sweet red called "Rose" and a semi dry white called Vignoles. Manfriend liked another white wine called Edelweiss, that is similar to a Riesling. They were all fantastic in my book! 

I also spent a ton of time with my nose in a book this weekend and I can't say I hated it. If you are looking for a saga to get lost in, start reading Somerset now and follow up with Roses. Both books from Leila Meacham are so great. They span years and years of families that migrated from Georgia to Texas in the mid 1800s, who start their own cotton plantations and timber businesses. Roses came out first and Somerset is the prequel. I don't mind reading them in the reversed order but now that they are both out, you can pick!

The rest of the week will be spent with family who are in town and "I don't mean to brag but" I get to see The Daily Tay do stand up tomorrow night at the Funny Bone Comedy Club in Omaha. To say I am excited about this is the understatement of the year! 

Happy Thursday!