Happy Birthday Blog!




Today, this little space of mine on the internets turns 2. 
First, kudos to me for keeping it going. Usually, my hobbies come and go (i.e. wreaths, handmade cards, diets, breadmaking and a very brief point in time I thought I could be a good dog owner).


Thanks to That's What She Read, my imagination has grown, I've found great stuff to feed my brain with and learn from... really, if I'm being honest, I have to say that I even like myself more now because of it- if that makes sense. 

And let's not forget that without it, I probably never would have discovered the beauty that is Buzzfeed, Rotten Ecards, GIFs, and my love of Twitter. 

I started this blog to talk about my love of books (and I took it VERY seriously, as you'll see) but I quickly discovered more ways to enjoy my creative side. I have always loved to write and this space is just, for lack of a better phrase, mine. I write about things that make me happy and instantly hear from others who are happy too, I vent about issues that bug me and get to commiserate with other pissed off people (the ultimate cure) and I get to meet other amazing, creative people I would have otherwise never have known. 

Two years ago, I hit publish on this post: Gone Girl: By Gillian Flynn
I went on to write several other reviews and tried a couple link ups.
And then I gained more momentum and the next thing I knew, 2 years has passed and 394 posts were written. It's grown far behind just book reviews. Some may even say there's been moments of over sharing. 

And let's not forget how much I've loved showing off my cute kids and beg other mothers for advise as I try not to royally screw them up

 I couldn't be more proud and more in love with my blog and I am so happy it found me.

Like I said earlier, one of the biggest perks this blog has been the other bloggers I've meant along the way. A couple of them-all of them my favorites!- have gathered here today to tell you about where their own blogs were 2 years ago and I couldn't be more excited and honored to have them! 



I started my blog in September of 2012, with no clue as to how to size pictures, write properly or understand a lick of HTML coding. Then, I fell 20 feet rock climbing. I was out of work for 3 months, so I threw myself on learning blogging.
I initially thought my blog would focus on daily deals and then it took a drastic turn. I decided to blog about myself. It was much more fun.


I blogged about the trials and tribulations of using a walker. My dog Hugo, my husband Michael, events I attended in my hometown of Dallas and food I ate.

Here's a snippet of an old post:

"Here are my 11 random facts:

1. Popcorn is my all time favorite food. 
2. I used to be so obsessed with Britney Spears I told everyone she was my second cousin (and they believed me)
3. I went to private school since 1st grade.
4. I am horrible about washing my makeup off.
5. I have a Justin Bieber Doll (it was a gift!)
6.  I recently fell 20 ft rock climbing!
7. I have a TV but no cable, we hook our TV up to our laptops and watch Hulu.
8. I traveled 5,000 miles to go to an Electronic Dance Music Festival in Boom, Belgium this past summer.
9. I have been with my husband since we were 17!
10. I have twin 18 year old sisters
11. Most of my family is from Louisiana, no wonder Mardi Gras is my favorite holiday."

So what's changed since then? 
Not much. I started on the journey of "lifestyle blogging" and never looked back.

-Helene



Happy anniversary to one of my favorite blogs, That's What She Read!

Two years ago on Life According to Steph, I was talking about what I do to shake off a crappy mood, wrote one of my most popular blog posts on how managing your expectations can make your life 100% better, got Darren Daulton as a new roomate, and did some California Dreamin'.

I was also doing features that I've done most of the three years I've been blogging and am still doing:
1. TWTW - the weekend that was wrap up posts (I find it funny that this one from 2012 and this one from 2014 both have my friend Evan with different types of Mohawks, two years apart) and
2. Thursday Thoughts. I read through them for the month and they mention Dirty Dancing, my dogs, general rants and what I'm liking. Still the same. Thursday Thoughts sample from then and now.

-Steph



My favorite post from 2 years ago: Eternal Sleep Partners 

What has changed for me in the last two years? That pink ass and I went and got married

(i.e. a life event) and not a Damn thing has changed.

Cheers Hoes.

-Shannon


Now, do you see what I love these bloggers? 
How has your blog changed in the last 2 years?
What is your favorite past post? I'd love to read them, so leave links in the comments!