A "Life Is So Busy I Can't Blog" blog post

It's been a long hot minute since I've written a blog post It's a catch-22 because I can't have a blog about books and life unless I read books and have a life...but since I'm busy reading and living, I don't have time to write in my blog. 

I'm exhausted just typing that. 

But maybe that's because I have been having such a great summer.
For instance, When your sister and bro-in-law call and ask if you want to see Eve6, Soul Asylum and Everclear, you just say yes. 

The early 90s called, they want their music back. It was like a time warp and I loved every minute of it. 



You remember that one time I had a sister who got the great hair genes and is so much cooler than me she can pull of purple streaks and make it look cool? I want to be just like her when I grow up. 


I'll pad your thai. 


Can we talk about my new favorite place on earth? The Kansas City Library. 
I could have stayed there for hours. Downtown KC is gorgeous and this library is a book lover's dream. The old building, the stairs, the furniture...it' just such a great place to spend a morning! 


We also went on a short island getaway. Okay, it was only Cheeseburger in Paradise but they had margaritas with salt, so that's pretty much the same thing



I started the weekend off by having a  meeting at the KC Chiefs Training Camp in St. Joseph. Nothing like trying to concentrate while there's a 350 lb lineback smashing into a dummie 15 feet away. NBD. 


How I didn't get a snapshot of this I don't know but we also went to a winery that is in an mental hospital that is supposedly haunted. I mean, it's creepy and cool with capital Cs. I love it. I loved the wine too, but I'm sure by now you've noticed I am a total wine-ho so that probably goes without saying. 

This weekend was a blast. I just have to say...that 2014 has been packed with more fun and laughter than any year that I can remember. I am just such a lucky person. Hashtag winning. 


This weekend, my family is in town from the east coast. So this is pretty much what we've been doing and I can't say I mind it one bit. 



Also, quit what you are doing and pick up Big Little Lies from Liane Moriarty. It's a fun, twisted, easy read...perfect for summer!