Blogtober: A Game of Catch Up

I made a promise to myself that October would be the month that I would get back into the swing of blogging. Maybe it's the great Fall weather, maybe it's my preference for couch potatoing, or maybe it's the fact that I've been busy getting married and honeymooning...you know, nbd. Whatever my reasons are for not writing, they are over. 

This is a great time to get back because my buddies Helene and Taylor are hosting Blogtober. But thanks to a couple of bliss filled, lazy days on the beach with our laptopless honeymoon, I missed the first couple of days so I am going to play catch up today. 

Helene in Between Blogtober



Day 1: If I won the lottery, I'd.... Pay off all student loans, cars, set up college funds, create a not for profit, etc., first and foremost (So responsible of me, no?). Then, I'd buy one of those handy little yachts we saw all over Florida this week and park it right next to Ralph Lauren's 167 foot "getaway". I'd probably book trips to Europe, build a house and jump start the economy in my home town buy building some new businesses. What small town doesn't need an alpaca farm, a book store, a winery or a sports complex? #thingsthatwillneverhappen 


Day 2. Dream job when you were little/ what is it now? In all scrapbooks from my childhood, I always told my  mom to write "author" whenever she asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. Excluding the poem that's published in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul IV, I haven't made it all the way there yet. Yet. My dream job today hasn't changed. I still itch to write every day. I keep saying that someday I will start the book, but for some reason, I just haven't yet. I keep thinking that one day, I will sit down and it will just pour out of my fingertips. A gal can dream, can't she? 

Day 3. One Thing You Can't Live Without ... the first that comes to mind is my kids. 


Where would I be without their questions, their brilliant minds, their hugs, their blankets strewn all over the floor? Lost, that's where. When they are gone, I feel like a limb is missing and often find myself bored to tears even though there's a million things I could be doing, because without them around, everything has lost its whistle. Lost, I tell you. 

Other than that, I'd be lost without the simple things that make my days more pleasant, like coffee in a cute mug, fountain Diet Dr. Pepper, People magazine, the color yellow, comfy leggings, a good paperback and colder weather.

Oh yeah, and this guy: 


Today, the prompt is "My favorite Instagram"
I can't pick a favorite but there's a couple that stand out: 




And some of my favorite Instagrams haven't happened yet because it's just now starting to feel like Fall around here, so expect to see some Autumn leaves, boots, Salted Caramel Lattes, and selfies featuring lots of scarves and hats. Because that's how I do Autumn. 

This week, I am going to post a Book Round Up, a book review for Holding on to Georgia and a honeymoon recap, so come back soon! 

And if you want to join in the Blogtober game, head over to Helene In Between and The Daily Tay to link up!