Our Christmas Crazy is My Favorite Kind

What Christmas Means to Us 

If you were to be in our home over the Christmas holiday, you would have seen and heard many things...this year there was more love and noise than ever before, and that was perfectly fine with me. 


At our house, Christmas meant baking and making goodies in the kitchen to share with our family.This year, I whipped up a little "white trash" 


Crushed Oreos, pretzels sticks, red and white M&Ms with almond bark pour over it. Sometimes I've added Chex mix or other goodies. It's a very easy and quick snack that everyone loves. 





 And, as always, Christmas morning monkey bread: 



3 cans of biscuits, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cups white sugar, 3 tsps cinnamon, 3/4 cups melted butter mixed all together, baked at 350 for 20 minutes. 

Christmas also means trying to see who can hold out opening presents early the longest. I lost that battle with the kiddos this year, go figure. They begged to open a present on Christmas Eve and as I stared into their beautiful pathetic blue eyes, I caved instantly. 

When your four year old cries out 'I fweaking wove it!" whenever she opens a present she loves, you just want to give her more and more. As  I typed that, I realize that she has probably figured that out which is why she turns up the cute so much but I am not even sad about it.




Christmas to us means laying around, being lazy butts, making funny faces, apparently: 


It also means letting the kids decorate the tree themselves, which means alot of hand made treasures and with four little girls helping out, lots and LOTS of glitter. I did manage to sneak in one decoration that wasn't sparkling or dripping with Elmer's glue: 


Because it's our first official Christmas together, I wanted to make sure we had a special ornament. W are both coffee freaks and cherish our morning coffee dates, so when I saw this ornament from Ornaments with Love, I knew it was perfect. And you know how I love a funny pun! Keep this site in mind for more than just personalized Christmas ornaments. They have items for tons of special occasions. Shipping was so fast, even with personalization! 

Christmas means Legos. Everywhere. 


And waking everyone up for presents, whether they are ready for it or not. And by waking up, apparently we mean literally dragging them into the living room, big brother style: 


And selfies. Lots of cuddling selfies. 


Most of all, Christmas means spending more time than ever with the most important people. And making each other laugh, watching everyone enjoy what they love the most, seeing the joy on their faces as people open gifts you've planned for months to give them...for giving thanks for the blessings in our life, for celebrating the birth of Jesus...

And for slowing down. Pausing life for a just a few short moments in order to show our friends and family how much we love each other.

 All of that makes running around, planning, wrapping presents, going from one family celebration to the next, remembering the Elf on the Shelf, baking, all with 5 crazy kids so worth it. It's crazy, but it's our crazy. 


(Apparently our crazy also includes R1 acting like he's not having any fun, but I assure you, it's all an act. He's so ornery it hurts.)


Christmas is finding bits of wrapping paper on the floor long after the celebrations, for laying out all of the goodies inside your stocking, for telling family stories over card games, for toasting to a great New Year. 
And just being plain happy. 



This Christmas, all was definitely not calm...but all was bright. 
And that's just the way I like it. (As long as I have my Xanax)