Playing Catch Up

Today is the first day in so long that I feel like I have time to sit down and write. 
Soccer, the beginning of summer, t-ball, family events and the end of Mad Men...I have had a lot on my plate lately. So this morning, I woke up and realized I have nothing to do. Unfortunately, the Rs are with their dad and whenever that happens, I feel like I'm missing a limb. I'm bored, it's too quiet and I just want them on my lap. 

Today, I'll busy myself some how. Lately, I've had the urge to bake. I thought about cleaning the house but then again, maybe not. I swept and did laundry on Saturday and just talking about it makes me tired. In another life, I'll come back and be in love with house work. Until then, I'll be married to a wonderful guy who weirdly likes to dust and vacuum and live happily ever after. 

Not only have I stopped blogging, I've even been too busy to read. I know. Adulting is hard. It gets in the way far too much. I used to think in terms of books and blogging. I used to remember to bring my book wherever I went and always take photos of my food before I ate it in restaurants. 

Now, my days are measured by the kids' activities and work. Work is huge right now. I love it so much. My creative mind is blown and I love it. But it also means I'm running here and there and when I get home, I feel like my mind/brain/get-up-and-go is deflated. 

Last week, R1 had a bug and had to miss the last 3 days of school. He was devastated because, as we all know, the last days of school are the best. But we tried to make the most of it. 



Life just doesn't get better than Bananagrams and a cuddly 7 year old.

This weekend, we were set to go camping but the rain just keeps coming. And coming. This time last year, we were camping somewhere in the deep wilderness and it was bliss. It was also the weekend CJ asked me to marry him, so I know that as long as mother nature allows, we will always celebrate this week. Today, however, we are stuck indoors. Thus, I finally have time to relax and write. I can't complain. 


Today, I hope to catch up on these. I'm a huge Joan Didion fan, so I've been slowly making my way through The Year of Magical Thinking for the second time. I read it pre-kids and now, as a mother and a wife, it holds a whole new meaning and level of despair. I love her so. I've also put One Step Too Far aside because Reese Witherspoon told me to read The Luckiest Girl Alive and when my girl Reese speaks, I listen. Follow her on Instagram to develop a serious girl crush find out what she's reading.

What else has been going on lately? A lot of a little bit of everything. 



If you live in the KC area and you've never been to Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, I suggest you go. It was such a great day and there are a ton of different activities for kids to do. The baby goats were a huge hit, and I'm not kidding. (See what I did there?)  


That's all for now. I've got a giant cup of coffee and a house with all the windows open, calling my name.