My Favorite Holidays Things and More Books


I'm going to tell you about a little story about the November that flew. Yes, literally flew. Right out the window, thru time and space. I don't even remember taking a breath in November. I remember suddenly being the mother of an 8 year old, having 30 people over for dinner and blindly ordering gifts off Amazon right and left, but that's about it. 

Somewhere in there, I did manage to read a few books and listen to a couple on the way to work every day as well, so here's a little about those: 




Wildflower by Drew Barrymore -I have always felt like Drew and I could be best friends if we had the chance to meet at this book just proves it even more. It's really not so much a book but rather a long afternoon lunch with Barrymore, who jumps from topic to topic in that excited way she talks during interviews. She covers many topics, including her father, her children and her life as a child star. It's light and airy, just like the cover. A quick and easy read that I really enjoyed.

Brooklyn - Read it on a Sunday afternoon and catch the movie when you can. It's a sweet story. 

Did You Ever Have A Family - If you read May We Be Forgiven and were as moved as I was by that story, this will have the same effect. 

Fates and Furies- Yes.  Just, yes. 

Besides reading by the fireplace and listening to Christmas music this time of year means many things to look forward to. A, it's getting close to the only time of year it is socially acceptable for me to listen to Millennium by Kenny G on repeat and wear house slippers as shoes. B, wrapping presents. I love wrapping presents.  All of these things give purpose to my days. I love shopping for the kids and anticipating the looks on their faces when they open them on Christmas...I love browsing Pinterest for recipes to cook  when family comes over...watching Home Alone and Love Actually. And quoting Elf and Christmas Vacation.  And the smell of a real Christmas tree. Oh, and wearing layers upon layers of sweaters, and plaid. I love plaid. 

Can December last just a little while longer, please? And can I have a little more free time to enjoy it so it doesn't fly by? I just need more time to enjoy mug cakes with the kids and running the fireplace all day. And if it does fly by, I reserve my right to keep the tree up and keep burning my "Christmas cookie" Yankee candle until March. 

Happy holidays, friends. 

Joyfully linking up with Steph and Jana for Show Us Book Tuesday