Lights, Camera, California!

Let's take a break from books for a moment and focus on the next best thing: Movies.

There are a couple reasons we need to give movies some time to shine. 

First, I feel like the movie version of books get a bad rep. Usually, that's true. A lot of movies have been huge disappointments for me. Most notable: P.S. I Love You. I can't even talk about it. But there are some movies that are just made more beautiful because of the visual aspect the movies add. Call me cliche, but just look at The Notebook. If you did some research, you would be amazed how many movies were originally books.  

Secondly, movies are my mom's most favorite thing in the world (besides me of course). The gal knows her stuff too. She can rattle of the best of the best and loves to follow the films that are getting the most buzz. 

She's actually so in love with movies that she's made a name for herself as a movie critic on local news channels, hosts an annual film festival and scored herself a spot with the Broadcast Film Critics Association, which is the network behind the Critic's Choice Awards each year.

Which also means she gets to attend to the Critics Choice Awards show every year and dines with with the stars of the year's best movies. She's fancy, I tell ya. And guess who gets to be her date this year? You guessed it, this gal. 

That means Santa Monica, here we come! We're going to the Critic's Choice awards and the after parties AND we're stopping by the see our best friend, Ellen. 

Going to see a live taping of the Ellen show is something I never dared to imagine would happy to us and I am beyond excitement. I am checking their taping schedule everyday to see if they've updated the calendar so we will know who will be there for the show we are at. Talk about anticipation! 

Anyway, I wanted to share what movies my mom has chosen for THE movies to see this season and which ones she's predicting will be the big winners. 

Here are the trailers from her picks, enjoy! 

The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio 



The Danish Girl with Eddie Radmayne 




Joy with Jennifer Lawrence & Bradley Cooper 





And Her Best Picture Prediction: Spotlight
Starring Mark Ruffalo and Michael Keaton (plus many more) 



So yes, to say we are excited would be the understatement of our lives. 
And don't even get me started on the fact that this year, the Critic's Choice Awards includes television so all my favorite TV stars are going to be there as well. STOP. 

That's a whole other post! 

California, baby!