July: Family, Fun and Happy Birthday, Reese!

Are there some days you just think to yourself, "wow, I am so utterly lucky and blessed?" 

There are days, like today and yesterday where I just sit in awe of our family, the kids, our friends and family and our home and think to myself, "I just want to bottle this up and keep this feeling forever." And the best part is, because of our great friends and family and our commitment to looking at the bright side of things, we are able to keep that feeling. Sometimes, it's dimmer than others but at the end of the day, we are so very blessed.

There are days that look like ordinary life but under the surface, are extraordinary because they are real and uncomplicated. 



For the 4th of July, we were here, there and everywhere, with kids running around, chasing them down at the park and the pool, rushing to friends' houses for bar-b-ques and lighting off fireworks. By the end of the Monday night, we were utterly exhausted. But honestly, it was the best kind of tired. I wouldn't trade it for the world. And the next day, I had the absolute pleasure of waking up and doing it all over again in order to celebrate Reese's 6th birthday. She's always wanted a "girls' day out" so off to "the city" we went for pedicures, mall shopping, Target and her lunch of choice (Panda Express, of course). Her eyes lit up every time she found a new pair of earrings or an outfit she wanted and I was just along for the ride. I love her personality, she is so giddy and silly and beautiful, inside and out. 


We had the best of days. 


I can't believe that 6 years have flown  by...

I remember when I found out I was having a girl, I was scared. It was intimidating, especially because I had no idea how to be a woman in the first place, how was I going to raise one too? But a friend told me that having a girl was like having a best friend right by your side for the rest of your life and it's crazy but just in 6 years, that's already come true.

She writes me love letters and climbs onto my lap to cover my ears if she knows sounds are going to bother me. She loves me each day, brand new. No matter what happened the day before. She knows how to make us laugh. She always wants to be a better version of herself than she was yesterday. She's brave but knows her limits. She's sensitive and sweet and her crocodile tears could move mountains, but with a stormy temper that could blow you over...but there's not on tiny inch of her that I would change. I just love her so much. 

Happy birthday to my little gal!