Finally time to write.

If I had to nail down the reasons why I love to write, I would never succeed. I don't have enough time nor the attention span and neither do my kids but for some crazy reason tonight I find myself alone at 6:00 in the evening with a glass of red, Amazon Prime and the whole house to myself. 

So here I am, writing. I don't even have a topic in hand so pardon if I ramble but here's what I am loving lately: 


Z: The Beginning of Everything on Amazon. I read Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by  Therese Anne Fowler a while ago and have always been enchanted by Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald and this is just the kind of binge-worthy show I have been craving. It's magic. My sister raved about The Crown and I did watch a couple of episodes but was craving something a little more fast-paced... Hubs and I are watching Shameless together too and I swear, if Deb and Carl were real, I would adopt them in a heart-beat. I am so in love with that series. 

As it happens, whenever the binge-watching goes up, the reading goes down but I did finish another Taylor Jenkins Reid: Maybe in Another Life. It didn't make me cry as hard as One True Loves but it was still really good. Next on my list is The Fifth Letter by Nicola Moriarty, who's the sister of Liane Moriarty- the genius behind Big Little Lies and My Husband's Secret. I also listened to The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck  (A MUST) and The Two-Family House on Audible in January. 



Let's see, what else am I loving lately? I'm loving that I gave up posting and looking at Facebook.  If and when I do log in, I go straight to my Book Club groups and try to stay away from the newsfeed as much as possible. I just can't stand seeing all the arguing and fake news. For now, I stick to NPR, Goodreads, Litsy and Instagram.

Today while I was checking out at Hyvee, I noticed someone had turned every single magazine cover with a certain political figure's face on it to face backwards. So instead all I saw were photos of pies, abs and Entertainment Weekly and I can't say I minded one bit. 

This month marks birthday month for me and since it's no longer a thing to celebrate after the big 3-you-know-what, I already took the liberty of buying myself a few new pairs of shoes and a purse to celebrate so the online shopping game has also kept me busy. What do you call window shopping online? Scrolling I guess. Whatever you call putting a crap ton of clothes in your shopping cart, leaving them there until you get emailed a coupon from the website enticing you to come back and finish the deal. Because that's what I call fun. And sending the most unflattering Snapchat videos to my girlfriends as possible, Facetiming my sister and following funny Instagram accounts like @omgthisissous and @beigecardigan. Entertainment for hours, I tell you. 


What have you been loving lately?