Show Us Your Books: July Edition

I read some great books this month! I only wish I could have read more! 
My favorite by far was One True Loves, read my review from last week here 

If you have read any of these, please let me know what you think! 


One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid -The first book to make me cry this year so far. It was the mushy, over the top love story that actually didn't make me cringe, because I usually think some love stories are just too mushy for me. But this, this was perfect. One woman, two men...one she thought she had lost forever and the other, the one she never thought she would love... like I said, it sounds like a Nicholas Sparks wishy-washy love story but it's actually really beautiful. 

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - Moriarty is the author of some of my all time favorites so I bought this without even reading the synopsis. So far, it's blah and just a lot of set up for whatever big mystery happened at an ill-fated barbecue. Whatever happened better be good because I am over half way into the book and it's a lot of build up and the anticipation is killing me. For as long as it has taken for this book to get to the good part, it better be worth it... I haven't finished so no spoilers but let me know if it's worth it! 

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware This is a great mystery read for the summer! I LOVE a book where you are not quite sure if you can trust the protagonist but you have no choice when they are the only one telling the story. I couldn't tell if Lo was drunk, confused for just plain crazy. But man can she really make a scene. I loved this crazy, twisted book. It's full of lies and really fast paced.  

The Children by Ann Leary  (Read my full review here)  This will be the book remembered as the book I wanted to hug. Such lovable, sweet, clueless characters that you just have to take under your wing. I really enjoyed this one- family dramas are always a favorite. 

The Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier (audible) I am listening to this story about a couple in the 1800s who try and make a life in the swamps of the frontier...trying to survive with a large family and a wife would can't stay out of the booze. I often read books where the man or father in the story is the problem so this is actually an interesting twist. All James Goodnough wants to do is grow apples and his wife, well all she wants to do is make "jack" with the leftovers. It's interesting and funny without trying....but also sad to watch the struggles of what many families had to go through at that time in our country's infancy. Great read! 

Here's my list for August. The first three are all NetGalley finds, so I am anxious to get started! I have heard a lot of buzz about Siracusa thanks to Liberty and Rebecca at All The Books and when it was a choice for Book of the Month, I had to grab it too. 


Happy Reading! 
What's the best book you read in July? 

 Need more book ideas? Head over to Steph and Jana's blogs for a great list of what other bookworms read in July!