Skip to main content

16 Books for Your Fall Reading List

Here's What I WISH I could read in the next 2 months. I read 13 books in August so I am hoping to keep up the pace! 

Instead of a synopsis, I am simply listing what made me want to read each book. Click on the title to read more about the books on Goodreads! I've also received most of these books through the publishers or Netgalley, so I'm also giving shout outs because I am so thankful for all of the review copies! 




Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo - I've heard about this book on the All The Books podcast from Book Riot and so many of my fellow bookstagrammers are raving about it. (Amazon)

Without Merit by Colleen Hoover - I hear about Colleen Hoover all the time and everyone LOVED It Ends With Us, but I didn't at all. So when I was contacted by the publisher asking if I would like a copy of her newest book, I decided to give her another try. We shall see! (ARC, Atria Books) 

Something Like Happy by Eva Woods - This book was on a list of recommendations from Netgalley, who gave me the e-book. Sounds like something I will enjoy. 

George & Lizzie by Nancy Pearl-also another recommendation based on my reviews from Netgalley. 

The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah- I am a huge fan of Hannah (The Nightengale) You just can't go wrong. Thanks to St. Martin's Press! 

Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin- Anyone else weirdly fascinated by Monica Lewinsky? Bueller? Sorry, but I am and I can't help it, so when I heard that this campy little book mimics the biggest sex scandal of the 90s, I couldn't help it. Just received a beautiful hardback from Algonquin Books! 

Shadow of the Lions by Christopher Swann- Thanks to bookstagram, here's another one I heard about through the bookworm grapevine and received a hardback review copy from Algonquin Books. 

Unraveling Oliver by Liz Nugent- Honestly, this book caught my attention because of the cover. Thinking this may be a good one to use my September Audible credit on. 

The Other Alcott by Elise Hooper- The March Sisters were some of the first characters I fell in love with so when I heard about this book, a nonfiction account of the author's own sister, I knew I had to read it. Thanks for the copy, William Morrow! 

How to Behave in a Crowd by Camille Bordas-Another must read because of bookstagram. So many of the gals I follow on Instagram have been posting about this book. The title alone is something I have been trying to figure out on my own my whole life so I know I have to read it. (Thanks for the copy, Blogging for Books)

The Resurrection of Joan Ashby by Cherise Wolas- This book is just everywhere and getting great reviews. 

The It Girls by Karen Harper- I was browsing through the Fall catalog of upcoming releases from HarperCollins and this one caught my attention immediately. I am so excited they offered to send me an advanced reader's copy. 

The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas - I think this is an important book to read in today's culture of fast judgements and racial issues. I just think it's going to be a really good dose of perspective. 

Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley- This book piqued my interest a couple months ago and it kept getting pushed down on my list. BUT, thanks to my friend Steph at Life According to Steph, who raved about it on her Show Us Your Books, August post, I was reminded and back in the pile it goes! 

The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne - I have never heard the gals on All The Books podcast rave about a book as much as this one, so on to the pile it automatically goes. (Amazon, hardback) 

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (My BOTM pick for September) Lots of buzz, plus being a pick from Book of the Month Club automatically gets you a spot on my TBR list. 



So there you have it- the list of books that will be keeping me busy this Fall. Bring on the hot coffee, the blankets  and the open windows, because it's my favorite time of year to curl up on the couch with great books! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware

Ruth Ware always delivers when it comes to interesting and layered characters. The Turn of the Key is a thrilling account of Rowan Caine's experience as a live-in nanny in a luxurious smart home unlike anything she has ever seen. This mystery is the epitome of the saying "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" because even though moving into the home of the Elincourts is an upgrade from her tiny apartment and dead-end job, it comes at a steep price. Every chapter, there is something suspicious that kept me wondering if anyone in this suspenseful book was telling the truth. Which, is obvious in the first page because Rowan is writing a letter to a lawyer, from jail, because she's being held for murder. Who is Rowan? Did she come into the Elincourt's lives for a reason? She should have known something was wrong on the day she interviewed, when one of the children warned her to never come back. With a house full of surveillance cameras and parents who ar

Historical Fiction Recommendations

View this post on Instagram A post shared by Jennifer 📚 (@thats_what_she_read) on Jul 12, 2019 at 4:01pm PDT Raise your hand if you’re in the mood for a great  #historicalfiction  ! ⁣ randomhouse   #partner ⁣ } ⁣ The last HF I read was  # Montauk  by Nicola Harrison. It was a nice vacation! ⁣ ⁣ Here are the next two that are on my list: ⁣ TIME AFTER TIME By Lisa Grunwald (out now)⁣ A magical love story, inspired by the legend of a woman who vanished from Grand Central Terminal, sweeps readers from the 1920s to World War II and beyond. ⁣ On a clear December morning in 1937, at the famous gold clock in Grand Central Terminal, Joe Reynolds, a hardworking railroad man from Queens, meets a vibrant young woman who seems mysteriously out of place. Nora Lansing is a Manhattan socialite whose flapper clothing, pearl earrings, and talk of the Roaring Twenties don’t seem to match the bleak mood of Depression-era New York

Book Review: The Reckless Oath Me Made by Bryn Greenwood

When a young woman is facing an unsteady future, layered on top of a very troubled past, the last thing she has time for is the strange young man who speaks in Middle English and is always following her around. Zee ignores him just fine until her sister goes missing and everything in her life is uncertain and she has no choice but to trust Gentry Frank.  "Zee may not be a princess, but Gentry is an actual knight, complete with sword, armor and a code of honor. Two years ago the voices he hears in his head called him to be Zee's champion. Both shy and autistic, he's barely spoken to her since, but has kept watch, ready to come to her aid."  The layers of this book are peeled away one by one, making it a deeply emotional and transient novel. Zee's character is complicated- she is sharp, deeply scarred but unabashedly brazen and brave. What I loved about her most was how trusted her gut even when she didn't have solid ground to stand on. Her mother is a hoard